Members are frequently asking clarification for BSNLMRS Medical Allowance calculations.
Medical allowance without voucher calculated for post 2007 pensioners is as under :
1. calculate 12.5 days of Last basic pay drawn at the time of your retirement.
2. find out the IDA percentage for that basic pay at the time of your retirement.
3. add that IDA percentage of amount with your 12.5 days of basic pay calculated above.
4. that is your medical allowance amount without voucher for post 2007 pensioners.
1. last pay drawn on 31-5-2007 : Rs.30000/-
2. 12.5 days of basic pay for that: Rs.12500/-
3. IDA as on 31-5-2007 = 0.8% : Rs. 100/-
4. Total amount alowance : Rs.12600/- per year
Medical allowance without voucher calculated for pre 2007 pensioners is as under :
1. last pay drawn on 31-12-2006: Rs. 20000/-
2. 15 days of basic pay for that : Rs. 10000/-
3. IDA as on 31-12-2006=68.8% : Rs. 6880/-
4. Total amount of allowance : Rs.16880/- per year
IMPORTANT: IDA taken is equilant to the IDA Percentage at the time of your retirement only.
Current year APRIL IDA is taken for calculation to those who opt for with vouchers only.