The 12th meeting of the BSNL Staff Welfare Board was held yesterday, the 03/08/2018. Ms.Sujata T. Ray, Director (HR) presided over the meeting.
Discussion of agenda items:-
Except one or two demands, all other demands are not accepted, citing that serious financial condition of BSNL.
(1) Extension of scholarship for PG courses like MBA, MCA, etc.: So far scholarships are being granted only for UG courses. The demand for extending it for PG
courses was accepted. The quantum of scholarship will be the same as that of UG course.
(2) Enhancing the amount of hostel / transport facility to physically / mentally challenged
Children : Only the pay limit for eligibility is increased from 12750 to E-4 pay scale (29100).
(3) Enhancement of financial assistance for the death cases : The amount is increased from Rs.15,000/- to Rs.20,000/-.
(4) Enhancement of Book Award by 50%.: Not agreed to.
(5) Reintroduction of the incentive given to meritorious school going children : Not agreed to.
(6) Reduction of eligibility marks for Book Award to SC / ST / OBC and handicapped children: Not agreed to.
(7) Eligibility for scholarship for students, who are already getting scholarship from somewhere
Else: Not agreed to.
(8) Enhancement of grant to TRCs and RWAs Not agreed to.
(9) Financial assistance to critical illness : Not agreed to.
(10) Allotment of special fund for contract labourers who suffer from deadly diseases :Not agreed to.