Drop box system for depositing cheques in post offices: Department of Posts guidelines.
In this regard, the undersigned is directed to request you to start the “Drop Box” system for cheque deposit in post offices chosen for the purpose by the circle.
Following guidelines may be followed for smooth operation of “Drop Box” facility: –
- Drop Box facility should be provided in the Public Hall for easy access to public.
- The following instruction for dropping cheques should be placed besides the drop box.
- Please drop the cheque with filled pay-in slip (SB-103) duly filled in all respects.
- Please correct Account Number, also write cheque number, bank name in the pay-in-slip.
- Please write contact number on the back side of pay-in-slip and cheque.
- For Cheque amounting 50000 or more, PAN card no. should be mentioned in pay-in-slip.
- For Cheque of PPF/SSA scheme please check your prescribed limit for financial year.
- For cheque of PPF/SSA account for matured account should be extended first for depositing cheque.
- Post dated and outdated cheque should not be dropped in the drop box.
- Non-CTS Cheques should not be dropped in the drop box.
- Cheque for opening of New Accounts should not be dropped in drop box.