General Provident Fund (GPF) Interest Rate from January 2018 to March 2018
Resolution – accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the GPF and other similar funds – 2017, w.e.f. 1st January, 2018 to 31st March, 2018
(PUBLISHED IN PART I SECTION 1 OF GAZETTE OF INDIA)
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Economic Affairs
New Delhi, the 1st January, 2018
It is announced for general information that during the year 2017-2018, accumulations at the credit of subscribers to the General Provident Fund and other similar funds shall carry interest at the rate of 7.6% (Seven point six per cent) w.e.f. 1st January, 2018 to 31st March, 2018. This rate will be in force w.e.f.1st January, 2018 . The funds concerned are:—
- The General Provident Fund (Central Services).
- The Contributory Provident Fund (India).
- The All India Services Provident Fund.
- The State Railway Provident Fund.
- The General Provident Fund (Defence Services).
- The Indian Ordnance Department Provident Fund.
- The Indian Ordnance Factories Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Indian Naval Dockyard Workmen’s Provident Fund.
- The Defence Services Officers Provident Fund.
- The Armed Forces Personnel Provident Fund.
- Ordered that the Resolution be published in Gazette of India.
Deputy Secretary (Budget)