Meeting with Ms. Anuradha Mitra, Member Finance (DoT)
On 30.10.2018, S/Shri M.R. Vashist, A.N. Patel and D.D. Mistry had a meeting with Ms. Anuradha Mitra, Member Finance, DoT, in Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi. The following issues were discussed:
- It was brought to her notice that in 2ndR.C. there was long time gape for Pension Revision for BSNL Employees and Pensioners due to some intricacies. This time in view of the repeated assurances of MOC on the floor of the Parliament and also by the DoT, Pension Revision for BSNL Pensioners will follow Pay Revision of BSNL Working Employees and discussion on implementation of 3rd P.R.C. Recommendation appears to be nearing its completion. She was requested to submit Cabinet Note simultaneously for Pension Revision of BSNL Pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2017.
She said that she is aware of the fact that Pensioners care is to be taken by DoT and it will be given due priority and attention.
- Request to consider our request for considering our request to take care of new issues while implementing (CPMs) Portal.
While welcoming the new scheme, it was brought to her notice that it may create some chronic issues as detailed below:
- Furnishing Live Certificate by Pensioners to CCAs.
- Supply of PPOs to the Pensioners.
- Make necessary entries in Pensioners PPO Book or alternative thereof.
- Disbursement of Provisional Pensioners.
We requested to take care of these issues. She said that a proposal in store for staggering furnishing of Live Certificate by the Pensioners. It is under consideration that the Pensioners may be asked to submit his/her Live Certificate in the month in which their Birthrate falls. On the other issues, she also expressed her sympathy and assured to take care of them.
On conclusion of the Meeting she assured that she will take care of the issues brought to her notice by the Association.