Meeting with Shri Ravi Kant, Member Services (DoT)
On 30.10.2018, S/Shri M.R. Vashist, A.N. Patel and D.D. Mistry had a meeting with Shri Ravi Kant, Member Services, DoT, in Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi. The following issues were discussed:
- It was brought to his notice that in 2ndR.C. there was long time gape for Pension Revision for BSNL Employees and Pensioners due to some intricacies. This time in view of the repeated assurances of MOC on the floor of the Parliament and also by the DoT, Pension Revision for BSNL Pensioners will follow Pay Revision of BSNL Working Employees and discussion on implementation of 3rd P.R.C. Recommendation appears to be nearing its completion. He was requested to submit Cabinet Note simultaneously for Pension Revision of BSNL Pensioners w.e.f. 01.01.2017.
- Request to consider our request for considering our request to take care of new issues while implementing (CPMs) Portal.
While welcoming the new scheme, it was brought to her notice that it may create some chronic issues as detailed below:
- Furnishing Live Certificate by Pensioners to CCAs.
- Supply of PPOs to the Pensioners.
- Make necessary entries in Pensioners PPO Book or alternative thereof.
- Disbursement of Provisional Pensioners.
We requested him to take care of these issues. He said that he will ask the DDG to take care of all the issues brought to his notice.. He said that there will be no major role of the CGMs/SSAs excepting assisting the Pensioners.
On conclusion of the Meeting he assured that he will take care of the issues brought to her notice by the Association.